Faith has a lot to do with how we see things. It’s like a lens through which a person views the world. Since everybody comes to the table with different experiences and different beliefs, the lens of faith has a little different variation of perspective from everyone else. Yet many of us see life through the lens of faith, understanding the world and ourselves through knowing Jesus as the object of our faith.
Living a life of faith in Jesus isn’t about finding the easiest path or being the most successful or having the most friends. But a life of faith is rewarding in that God promises to be with us along the journey. Jesus is both the object of faith and the means of faith. He carries us through when we don’t think we can make it.
Here are a few ideas on faith and the Gospel, the idea that God came to rescue imperfect humanity because of His great love and grace. [If you have favorite quotes on faith and the Gospel, feel free to share them in the comments section below.]
Quotes on Faith and the Gospel
- “Christianity is not a religion about a moral code to keep. It’s about a God who saves people that can’t keep the moral code.” – @PastorTullian
- “Jesus should be a magician because he took the biggest thing in the world and made it disappear. #mysin #abracadabra #whatsin?” – @jeremiahjm
- “Repent of your sins. Then, spend more time thinking about the glory of God’s grace than the horror of your failures.” – @brittmerrick
- “The Gospel is like a grand slam–God bringing everyone home.” – Wendy Kruger
- “Sanctification is a dirt path until God kills you.” – Matt Chandler
- “Faith never knows where it is being led, but it loves and knows the One who is leading.” – Oswald Chambers
- “If you have believed but not obeyed, you have postponed your Christian life.” – A.W. Tozer
- “If you’re thinking of becoming a Christian, I warn you, you’re embarking on something which will take the whole of you.” – C.S. Lewis
- “What are you learning about GOD these days? What are you learning about your SELF these days. They’re probably not mutually exclusive.” - @aschibilla
- “Jesus never said He’d eliminate all of the confusion from our lives; He just promised He’d bring meaning to it. @lovedoes” – @BobGoff
- “Every religion has a prophet who is pointing people to God. Jesus is the only one who says, ‘I am God, and I am coming to find you.’” – Tim Keller
- “Being a Christian is less about cautiously avoiding sin than about courageously & actively doing God’s will.” – Dietrich Bonhoeffer
What are your favorite quotes on faith and the Gospel?