This week, I’m out of town learning how to be a new husband. In light of my recent marriage, I thought it appropriate to share some insights on the subject of marriage, all wrapped up in friendship, love, conflict and relationship. Enjoy these quotes, and I’ll write again soon.
[P.S. If you enjoy sharing content on social media, feel free to follow me on Twitter and "Like" my Facebook page. Especially because I'm gone this week, help me out by sharing a link to this blog for your friends to check out! #kjwedding Thanks.]
Friendship, Love and Conflict in Marriage
- “Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
- “Man’s best friend is a good wife.” – Thomas Edison via @docmac45
- “The course of true love never did run smooth.” – Shakespeare
- “We feasted on love; every mode of it, solemn and merry, romantic and realistic, sometimes as dramatic as a thunderstorm, sometimes ad comfortable and unemphatic as putting on your soft slippers. She was my pupil and my teacher, my subject and my sovereign, my trusty comrade, friend, shipmate, fellow-soldier. My mistress, but at the same time, all that any man friend has ever been to me.” – C.S. Lewis
- “Marriage is not a machine that needs routine maintenance to keep it functioning, but a supernatural event founded upon a mutual exchange of holy pledges. Above all, marriage is a deep, mysterious, and unfathomable endeavor.” – Les & Leslie Parrott
- “Anyone without a soul friend is like a body without a head.” – Celtic proverb
- “Marriage doesn’t create problems. It reveals them. You bring unresolved stuff into it.” - @RickWarren
- “Love is not merely a feeling. ‘Being in love’ moved them to promise fidelity: this quieter love enables them to keep it.” – C.S. Lewis
- “There is a sword between the sexes till an entire marriage reconciles them.” – C.S. Lewis
- “To get divorced because love has died, is like selling ur car because it’s run out of gas.” – Diane Sollee via @craiggroeschel
What insights on marriage would you share?