One of the things people around me often notice is my drive to be productive. There are times when I need to remember to rest and just be, not always do. But I can’t stand to see life wasted or opportunity squandered.
Intentional living is valuable to me. Good things are worth pursuing, and effort is required.
Here are some thoughts on living with purpose and direction, all of which I gleaned on Twitter.
Quotes on Intentional Living
- “This generation will perish not for lack of knowledge, but for lack of passion.” Soren Kierkegaard via
- “Most of us have spent our lives believing more than we do; spend the rest of it doing more than we believe.”
@lovedoes – @bobgoff
- “The quality of your commitments will determine the course of your life.” – Ralph Marston via
- “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” Thomas Edison via
- “The choice we face (in life) is between empty self-indulgence and meaningful activity.”
- “Something deep in the human heart breaks at the thought of a life of mediocrity.” —C.S. Lewis via
- “I want to live a life that I would want to take notes on.” –
- “Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” – Leo Tolstoy via
- “There is no shortcut to anyplace worth going.” -Beverly Sills via
- “Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain.”
- “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Mark Twain via
- “Don’t waste a whole life on just a half try. It’s all or nothing.” –
@MUTEMATH via @DrewGneiser
- “The hardest thing in life to learn is which bridge to cross and which to burn.” – David Russell via
- “Be the man you want to be in 30 years, now.” @PatrickRRay
- “Quit videogames and grab a book. Stop watching TV and go for a walk. Help someone. Grow up…Get off the video games five hours a day, get yourself together, get a challenging job and get married.” #manup #liveabetterstory – @joelmorgan4
- “Be willing to get rid of the life you’ve planned, so as to have the life that’s waiting for you.” Joseph Campbell via @darrinpatrick
What quotes get you motivated to live well?