We all need advice from time to time. There’s no shame in admitting we could use some help evaluating something in our lives. Often, it helps to gain the perspective of someone outside of your situation to better understand what’s important and what you should do.
This is one of the great things about quotes: there are a lot of other people in the world, and a lot of them have said really smart things. We can learn from their ideas before having to figure things out by ourselves.
In an effort to learn from the failures and experiences of others, here are some thoughts to consider:
Advice for Life and Quotes on Wisdom
- “The art of living lies less in eliminating our troubles than in growing with them.” – Bernard M. Baruch
- “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” – Helen Keller
- “Every moment and every event of every man’s life on earth plants something in his soul.” – Thomas Merton
- “Be interesting, be enthusiastic, and don’t talk too much.” – Norman Vincent Peale
- “The waste of life occasioned by trying to do too many things at once is appalling.” – Orison Marden
- “You can never make the same mistake twice because the second time you make it, it’s not a mistake, it’s a choice.” – anonymous
- “Poverty wants some things, luxury many things, but covetousness wants all things.” – Charles Spurgeon
- “Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go to move forward.” – C.S. Lewis
- “It is a characteristic of wisdom not to do desperate things.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “I love those who can smile in trouble, who can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but they whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves their conduct, will pursue their principles unto death.” – Thomas Paine
- “If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth.” – C.S. Lewis
- “Time in erodes awareness of.” – Andy Stanley
- “It is wise to direct your anger towards problems – not people; to focus your energies on answers – not excuses.” – William Arthur Ward
- “Don’t let your happiness depend on something that you may lose.” – C.S. Lewis
- “The quality of mercy is greatest in the greatest.” – Shakespeare
What life advice or quotes would you share with someone?