Ever year deserves a recap. Here are a few brilliant lines you might enjoy and carry with you into 2017.
I’m doing a few year in review lists, so I thought I’d throw in a recap of the quotes I shared in 2016.
- Articles I Published Around the Internet in 2016
- Books I Read This Year
- 16 Favorite Albums from 2016
If you love inspiring excerpts, follow Quotes Collection over on Medium or join my email list for the best things I find. Also, you’ll get free stuff from my new book, The Variable Life: Finding Clarity and Confidence in a World of Choices.
[Want to be the first to know when it’s available on Amazon and Kindle? Fill out this form and I’ll keep you posted.]
2016 Roundup: Quotes I Shared Over the Past Year
- Penelope Trunk on The Clouded Judgment of What You ‘Should’ Do vs. Seeing What’s Best for You
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. on What Stops Progress and How to Overcome It
- Theodore Blegen on The Promised Land of my Home State, Minnesota
- Sarah Bessey on What You Lose If You Ignore Your Pain
- Parker Palmer on How to Find Your Soul
- Danny Silk on Should You Let Someone’s Needs Influence Your Choices?
- Mary Oliver on The 3 Things You Must Do to Live in This World
- Travel writer Jedidiah Jenkins on The Cure for Fear and Closed-Mindedness
- Playwright Thornton Wilder on Are Humans Temporary?
- Rep. John Lewis on Is it Possible to Love Someone Who Violently Attacks and Almost Kills You?
- Brené Brown on Why It’s Impossible for You to Run Out of Compassion
- Al Alvarez on Why Facing Danger Forces You to Make Better Decisions
- Carl Sagan on How the Restless Craving for Adventure Helps Humanity Survive
- Your Personal Progress Depends on How You Treat People Who Frustrate You – Thoughts from the man who wrote daily faith reflections for President Barack Obama
- Actor Tony Hale on How to Avoid the Inevitable Letdown of Wishing for What You Don’t Have
- What was your favorite quote or excerpt you found in 2016? Share in the comments below.
- Want to get the latest sent straight to your inbox in 2017? Great! Join my email list.