What I Can Do For You
- content writing, editing, and proofreading
- brand and product copywriting
- social media strategy and management
- Product and marketing campaign copywriting – The Variable Life crowdsourcing and book launch
- Brand and website copywriting – NewSpring Creative, Creative Living Wellness health coaching, Oliver Films
- Video scriptwriting – Faith Based Expeditions, NewSpring Creative
- Politics and religion contributor – The Huffington Post
- Travel contributor – Matador Network
- Culture and self-improvement contributor – RELEVANT Magazine
- Editorial managing and content strategy – NewSpring Creative (+1.8 million annual web visitors)
- Manuscript development, substantive editing, publishing – The Variable Life
- Brand content creation, copyediting – International Association for Refugees, Levi Monday Photography, Rogue Music Alliance, Creative Living Wellness
- Learn how social media copywriting transformed into crowdfunding a book—with zero marketing budget.
- Browse a selection of digital content I’ve produced for dozens of publications.
- Peruse web copy and editorial “Watch & Read” content on newspring.cc (think in-house creative agency for a megachurch brand run like a corporation—weird, right?)
- Travel promo meets poetry: a unique script I got to write for this hybrid project.
- Brand copy and content revamps in progress for clients like Creative Living Wellness, International Association for Refugees, Levi Monday Photography, Oliver Films.
“John was a huge help. He did some editing work on an article I was writing, and he helped change it from something decidedly mediocre into an interesting, readable piece. He has a very valuable skill and talent that you can’t afford not to use on your next project.”
— Levi Monday, photographer and brand consultant
“I’ve admired the attention to detail he puts into every project he’s a part of. He has a calm, collected, and calculated presence about him that encourages those working with him to think bigger and broader. He’s not one to be afraid to be honest and bold with what he writes, and continually pushes himself to see situations from different perspectives.”
— Evan Oliver, director of photography
“I have found John to be a thoughtful and irenic author and thinker. He abstains from conventional ‘hot takes’ and poses thoughts and questions that has caused me to think and mull and mull and think long after I read his tweet or blog post.”
— Joel Morgan, project manager
“I’ve learned more about myself through John’s questions about the world and his environment, his research, and his insight. He doesn’t shy away from painful or difficult topics. In fact, he often seems to stare them down until they surrender their best secrets in the simplest forms.”
— Jacqui Griggs, marketing writer
“John is one of my favorite writers to keep up with. His voice is a consistent presence of hope, compassion, and purposefulness. His writing often challenges me and helps me reflect on how to live a better life.”
— Blake Schultz, marketing specialist
“It is obvious when you read John’s work that he is for you. He’s not afraid to go to the hard places as he processes life with his readers. He takes you on the same journey he is experiencing.”
— Missy Masterjohn, educator
Let’s work together.