and On Being Studios:
Thank you for the opportunity to share some of my work. I hope you like it. I’d love to offer my experience, curiosity, and desire to keep learning as your new Digital Producer.
Recently on the reading list.
One of the reasons I love On Being and other podcasts.
Oh, right, samples:
- Browse a selection of my writings in dozens of publications.
- Learn how digital engagement transformed into crowdfunding my book—with zero marketing budget.
- See the blog of +1.8 million annual visitors for which I previously provided editorial direction (writing, editing, and headline crafting to planning editorial calendar and coaching writers)
- Explore my WordPress-hosted website (the one you’re on right now) for personal stories and reflections on faith, culture, and personal growth.
- Ricky Ortiz – NGO executive, leadership and branding consultant
- Stephanie Long – Writer, editorial collaborator
- Nate Ray – Speaker, pastor, mentor
“I have found John to be a thoughtful and irenic author and thinker. He abstains from conventional ‘hot takes’ and poses thoughts and questions that has caused me to think and mull and mull and think long after I read his tweet or blog post.”
— Joel Morgan
“I’ve learned more about myself through John’s questions about the world and his environment, his research, and his insight. He doesn’t shy away from painful or difficult topics. In fact, he often seems to stare them down until they surrender their best secrets in the simplest forms.”
— Jacqui Griggs
“John is one of my favorite writers to keep up with. His voice is a consistent presence of hope, compassion, and purposefulness. His writing often challenges me and helps me reflect on how to live a better life.”
— Blake Schultz
“It is obvious when you read John’s work that he is for you. He’s not afraid to go to the hard places as he processes life with his readers. He takes you on the same journey he is experiencing.”
— Missy Masterjohn
Want to learn more? Shoot the breeze? Make an offer?